I want to assure you all that the safety and well-being of my customers is always my highest priority. Currently, I am OPEN for business and taking all the necessary precautions to ensure both my clients and I are kept healthy and safe during this difficult time.
We are in this together, and we will stay strong, together!
Below are a few articles and notices that several of you may find helpful.
Take care of yourself and each other!
Homeowners: Property tax deadline extended
The Florida Department of Revenue (DOR) issued an emergency order to extend the final due date for property tax payments for the 2019 tax year. DOR has extended the due date from March 31, 2020, to April 15, 2020.
More information can be found on DOR's media website.
Fellow Realtors: Real estate license renewal deadline extended to April 20, 2020.
General Announcement: Coronavirus (COVID-19) extension addendum to contract
Florida Realtors released a new contract extension addendum that allows for time periods and dates to be extended as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact me directly.
I'm always happy to help!
The CDC urges individuals to take these measures to protect themselves and others:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren't available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing by staying out of crowded places, avoiding group gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Stay home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
Additionally, to help prevent the continued spread of coronavirus, on March 15, 2020, the CDC recommended that for the next 8 weeks, all in-person events consisting of 50 or more people, such as conferences and assemblies, be cancelled, postponed or modified to virtual events.
It's important that we simply stay informed, and use our best judgment as the situation is rapidly changing.
Florida Department of Health